What We Stand for as a Youth Centre
Excellence: At Undercurrent we believe character and integrity are of the utmost importance. We will strive to provide the best possible standard of care and safety for your child. We believe in doing what is right and doing it well to the best of our ability.
Commitment: Undercurrent is invested in this generation and the next. We are passionate about the success of your child for today, tomorrow, and the future. Therefore we will stay committed to your child’s healthy growth and healthy maturity.
Ownership: Undercurrent takes responsibility for the implementation and success of our programs and services. We are accountable to our staff and volunteers in ensuring the best level of service for everyone involved.
Relationship: At Undercurrent we believe that without relationship we cease to exist. We are passionate about healthy families and healthy communities that is derived from peer to peer mentorship. Discipleship is at the core of all we do.
Equality: Everyone has a place to belong at Undercurrent. We believe everyone should be treated with dignity and love without judgement, regardless of their race, religion, background, or circumstance.
Attitude: Our attitude is a reflection of our core values. We expect everyone involved at Undercurrent to exemplify a positive attitude and be a positive role model for every child.
- Undercurrent Youth Centre was created by David Sawler, our team, and Lighthouse Church. It is now an affiliated ministy of YFC Canada.
- Lighthouse runs it’s own kids and youth programs independent of Youth Centre Programs.
- Lighthouse kids and youth group programs are promoted separately from Youth Centre Activities.
- Youth Centre programs are open to all children and youth of our community, and no one who attends any programs is required to have any affiliation with Lighthouse.
- One of the mandates of Lighthouse is to serve our community by providing the space for Undercurrent Youth Centres to run programs.
For more information about Lighthouse Church / Kids and Youth Ministries you can visit www.lighthousecb.com